Monday, February 28, 2011
Hopefully Practical!
Glad to be alive to see what God is doing on the planet. I think that the church is in the right place and right time. Now does that mean that we will all walk out the greatness of this season? I believe the answer is a bug no but I do believe that many today are definetly getting it and are waking up to how impractical the church has been for so long. It is about bringing Jesus to the world we live in and our ability to bring relevance to that fact. We walked away from the world for years then we decided the world must be us by trying to force our views and beliefs on them and then wondered why they seemed disinterested. The practical thing is to live this life with the grace of the eternal Jesus and the humble Christ that lived 2000 plus years ago. I think those that can tansition through this and live in grace and give grace willbe those who will be relevant in this season of what He is doing. We have to quit forcing our thinking and religiuos pious ways down peoples throats and give life to those aroud us. We have to quit smothering the life out of people and quit expecting people to be who we are. We have to quit trying to create what we think Our Lord wants and living a life that trully brings hope. I am hopeful when I see people of all back grounds come in and are accepted, loved, and ultimately frred freed from to live out the paradox of our Christianity. The paradox of the here and now and the eternal life of Him who was and is and is to come. He who has always been who lived before time and has lived after time and also lived in time. The greatest of paradoxes that is our Saviour. That is the blessed hope of the church. We have always had both the temporal and the eternal wrapped around us and that time for us is now. Right place right time..Hopefully Practical
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment